Social Enterprises Use NetSuite to Grow and Change the World
Social Enterprises interested in applying for a donation of NetSuite software should review these guidelines and then apply online.
Not sure if you’re ready? Email us to find out more about the program.
Download the 2014 NetSuite.org Social Enterprise Product Donation Guidelines.
Special Social Enterprise Programs
B Corporations, Acumen portfolio companies and Global Social Benefit Incubator (GSBI) alumni companies automatically qualify for a NetSuite.org social enterprise grant.
Who is eligible?
Eligible social enterprises can be either for-profit or non-profit firms that are organized primarily to generate positive social impact. NetSuite does not make grants to:
- Groups whose primary purpose is religious or political;
- Groups that are primarily a professional or trade association;
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, language, educational background or veteran status.
Who would be the ideal applicant?
- A small, capable and emerging group that would otherwise be unable to afford organization management software like NetSuite.
- A for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- A group focused on automating a single business process like ecommerce.
- A group that can clearly articulate social impact and offer metrics to measure it.
- A group that has the organizational capacity to implement NetSuite software and use it to accelerate their social impact, as measured by their metrics.
What is granted?
Grantees recieve a base donation and discounts on additional users and add ons.
What is the selection criteria?
Are the applicant's goals are achievable?
- Automation of a single, achievable business process. Projects focusing on ecommerce, accounting, and/or fundraising/donor management are preferred.
- Applicant understands NetSuite software and how it can fit their needs.
- More complex implementations are fine if the organization has sufficient capacity.
Does the applicant generate significant social impact?
- Applicant clearly articulates their social impact and offers at least one compelling social impact metric.
Does the applicant have sufficient organizational capacity?
- Applicant demonstrates the knowledge, staffing and willingness to allocate the resources required to implement an integrated, web-based ERP/CRM system.
How big a difference does the donation make?
- A donation is likely to increase operational effectiveness leading to improved social impact.
Is there a deadline?
No. Awards are made on a rolling basis.
Will my grant change in the future?
NetSuite social enterprise grants are designed to help social enterprises grow. Therefore, as your social enterprise grows, your renewal terms will change as your revenue grows. If your revenue remains the same, your grant terms remain the same. Please review the Social Enterprise Benefits for details.