As a social enterprise, you can streamline your organization’s efficiency and accelerate your social impact with a donation of NetSuite’s complete suite of business software. Social enterprises who receive a NetSuite.org software donation get free and discounted business software, pro bono software services and dedicated ongoing customer support.
Am I A Social Enterprise?
Netsuite.org defines a social enterprise as “a for-profit organization that applies business strategies to achieve philanthropic goals.” If you are unsure if you qualify as a social enterprise, check out the organizations below to learn more about what kinds of organizations are involved in social enterprise communities:
- Social Capital Markets
- Social Enterprise UK
- Social Enterprise Alliance
Members of the following organizations are pre-qualified for a social enterprise software donation: Ashoka Fellows, Acumen Portfolio Companies, B Corporations (B Lab), Global Social Benefit Incubator (GSBI) Alumni Companies, The Tech Awards
Requirements to Apply
- You must be determined to be, at NetSuite’s sole discretion, a social enterprise.
- You cannot be a current NetSuite customer.
- You must be focused on automating your organization’s business process with NetSuite software.
- You must clearly articulate your social impact and offer metrics to measure it.
- You must have the organizational capacity to implement NetSuite software and use it to accelerate your social impact as measured by your metrics.
Base donations include a complete software package sufficient to run all aspects of a small organization. Base donations vary according to the NetSuite product.
NetSuite.org donates software subscriptions. A base donation includes a complete software package sufficient to run all aspects of a small organization.
Software Donation Terms
As a social enterprise, you can receive the base software donation at a 100% discount off list prices. Additional users and modules may be purchased at a significant discount which is determined by your organization’s previous year’s revenue.
*Additional items refer to add-ons, users and associated support only. Discounts do not apply to training, professional services or platinum support.
- Visit the application page.
- On the application form, select whether or not you are sponsored by a NetSuite employee or partner.
- Select the software donation of your choice and fill out the online application.
- Include your Government Issued Identification Number (ex. EIN in the United States) in the application for verification.
Awards are made on an annual rolling basis.
NetSuite Selection Criteria
1. Are you qualified?
- NetSuite does not make donations to individuals
- Your organization's primary purpose must not be religious or political.
- Your organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic, or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, language, educational background, or veteran status.
2. Are your software goals achievable?
- Your primary goal aims to automate a single, achievable business process. Projects focused on automating accounting, customer relationship, and Ecommerce processes are preferred.
- You are familiar with NetSuite and how it can fit your needs.
3. Can your organization demonstrate a significant social impact?
- You can clearly articulate your organization's social impact and offer at least one metric to quantify your impact
4. You can clearly articulate your organization’s social impact and offer at least one metric.
5. How much will the donation impact your operational effectiveness?
- The software donation must be able to increase your operational effectiveness, leading to improved social impact.
You will receive a questionnaire every year to check your status. You will need to sign your renewal estimate. NetSuite Inc., in its sole discretion, will determine whether your organization continues to meet the selection criteria under the software donation guidelines. You will remain eligible for software donation as long as you continue to qualify as a social enterprise per NetSuite’s definition, your chosen donation program still exists and you actively use your NetSuite account.