1. To refer a nonprofit or charity to NetSuite.org, do I need to know someone at the organization?
To refer a nonprofit or charity to NetSuite.org, we do ask that you know someone and that you provide us with a point-of-contact (name and email). This allows us to contact the organization and identify if they are a good fit for our software donation program.
2. Can I also refer a social enterprise?
Yes. Eligible Social Enterprises are either for-profit or non-profit companies that are organized primarily to generate positive social impact.
3. What kind of donation will a nonprofit or social enterprise get if I refer them?
The basic donation is free. It entails:
- NetSuite: NetSuite Limited Edition, 5 user licenses, silver support & training. Integrated accounting, ERP, CRM and Ecommerce.
- NetSuite OpenAir: Professional Suite, 5 user licenses, support. Complete system for project management, project accounting, timesheets and expenses.
- NetSuite LightCMS: Standard edition, support. Complete website and simple ecommerce store.
In addition, all the nonprofits and social enterprises who become a recipient of a donation will have access to the following resources:
- SuiteVolunteers, NetSuite's Pro Bono Volunteer Program.
- One Annual Pass, on-demand access to NetSuite's training library.
- Grantee Success Specialist to answer technical questions.
- NetSuite for Dummies Book.
- Discussion Meetings with Fellow Grantees.
- NetSuite SuiteAnswers and Help Center.
4. Is the Netsuite.org donation program really free, or are there costs involved?
Qualified nonprofits and social enterprises receive a base donation for free. Additional items will be sold at a discount rate depending on the revenue of the nonprofit organization. Should the nonprofit decide to use NetSuite Professional Services (PS) for implementation and customization, regular PS pricing applies.
5. What are the qualifications for a nonprofit to be accepted?
The organization must be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) if based in the US. If the organization is based outside of the US, it must have a similar designation by its local government. Additionally, the nonprofit should also be creating a measurable social impact (i.e. serving food to low income individuals or operating a museum to preserve cultural resources). The nonprofit may have a religious affiliation, but the primary activity of an eligible nonprofit cannot be spreading religion. The organization must also prove they have the technical capacity to successfully implement NetSuite.
6. Do I fill out an application for them?
No, you simply fill out our short referral form. Then, the NetSuite.org team will contact them and invite them to submit an application.
7. Do I have any responsibilities after referring a nonprofit?
No, you do not have any responsibilities after you refer a nonprofit. Our team might just contact you at some point to verify that you referred that organization. Also if the organization you referred begins receiving a software donation we may follow up to let you know if you have won a prize.
8. How do the nonprofits implement a Software Donation from NetSuite?
Nonprofits choose one of three ways to implement:
- Self implementation
- NetSuite Professional Services
- NetSuite Partner Implementation
If the applicant chooses self-implementation, the NetSuite.org team will conduct a capacity assessment to ensure the organization has the tools and resources to successfully implement the software.
9. Do the organizations we refer need to be of a certain size/ regional /global, etc?
No, the referred organization can be any size. That said, NetSuite.org does not make grants to:
- Groups whose primary purpose is religious or political;
- Groups that are primarily a professional or trade association;
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, language, educational background or veteran status.
10. Do I get anything for referring a nonprofit?
If the organization you refer goes live with one of our software, you will be put into our quarterly drawing for a prize. Also, there will be social recognition for NetSuite employees who refer new nonprofits or social enterprise to NetSuite.